If you’re like me, an avid viewer of the pornographic arts and a dedicated Google Chrome user, then these tips and tweaks will help to improve your YouPorn browsing experience.
Turn your Omnibox into a YouPorn Search Engine
The Omnibox is Google’s fancy way of saying Address Bar and it’s chalk full of customization options. Adding YouPorn as one of your search engines can turn the Omnibox into a quick and easy tool for finding the hardcore porn videos you’re craving on YouPorn. Instructions Below.
- Right-Click anywhere in the Omnibox
- Click “Edit Search Engines…”
- Scroll to the bottom of the “Other Search Engines” section
- Enter YouPorn in the “Add a new search engine” field
- Enter your preferred keyword in the “Keyword” field (I use YP as it’s short and easy to remember)
- Enter http://www.youporn.com/search?query=%s& into the “URL…” field
- Hit “OK” and you’re done
How To Use It
Simply enter the keyword you assigned in the instructions above into the Omnibox, followed by the term(s) you’d like to search for in YouPorn, and hit enter to execute the search on the YouPorn site. For example, if I want to find hardcore anal sex videos I simply type “YP Hardcore Anal” (without quotes) into the Omnibox and hit enter.
Make YouPorn a Desktop/Quick Launch/Start Menu Shortcut
If you’re one of YouPorn’s millions of regular users, then this tip could save you plenty of time and keystrokes. Instructions Below.
- Go to www.youporn.com
- Click on the Google Wrench (top right of browser)
- Go to “Tools”, then click “Create application shortcuts…”
- Select the options you’d like, then click “Create” (shortcuts will appear everywhere you selected)
Pin YouPorn and Remove Bookmark Title
If you share your computer with people you’d rather not have knowing about your browsing habits, than these tips can help to mask your true love of YouPorn. Instructions Below.
- Open www.youporn.com
- Right-Click on the Tab, then click “Pin Tab”
What It Does
Pinning the YouPorn tab will shrink the size of the tab, remove the site name from the tab, and display only the site icon, making it much harder to notice when opened alongside other tabs.
- If you have YouPorn Bookmarked: Right-Click on the bookmark, click “Edit…”, clear the “Name” field, click “Save”
- If you don’t have YouPorn Bookmarked: Go to www.youporn.com, click the Star icon in the Omnibox (far right side), leave the “Name” field empty, select the “Folder” you’d like to save the bookmark in, then click “Done”
What It Does
Much like pinning a tab, clearing the “Name” field of a bookmark will display just the site’s icon as a bookmark instead of the icon and full page title, making the bookmark much less likely to be noticed.
Helpful Keyboard Shortcuts
These are time savers that can help you quickly close a tab when unexpected company arrives or remember where you saved the last porn video you downloaded.
- CTRL-W: Closes current tab
- CTRL-Click: Opens link in a new tab
- CTRL-SHFT-DEL: Open clear history prompt
- CTRL-J: Opens downloads list